Today I will discuss a few great items to include with a stork rental. Some of these items can also go in the bday bags, but today I will focus on newborn announcements. One of the main reasons to supply a goody bag is to promote your business. Provide items that will make you memorable and that include your contact information so that customers can easily find you again when they want to rent a sign in the future. Providing a nearly empty bag with only your items may not be as impressive as a bag full of goodies!
1. Free sample candy bar - If you have purchased our candy bar business cd you will have access to a wide variety of wonderful personalized candy bar designs. If your customer does not order candy bars, it's nice to include 1 sample candy bar to peak their interest. It's nice because they get a free personalized candy bar with their new baby's birth info on it and you will often find customer who will love it so much that they place a full order.
2. Your brochure, business card and/or magnet - You'll want to make sure that your customer can easily remember you the next time they know someone having a baby or birthday. By providing your marketing materials, especially magnets, they can keep your info handy very easily.
3. Frequent Renters Cards - You wont want your customers to simply rent one sign and then move on to other gifts for future birthdays, new births and other occasions. Let them know how much you appreciate their continued business. Offer your customers a free rental after 4 rentals. This is the perfect item to give to your customers who rent signs from you as well as your customers who receives signs as gifts. For more info on Frequent Rental Cards: http://sweet-greetings.blogspot.com/2009/07/new-product-frequent-renters-cards.html
4. American Baby Magazine - American Baby Magazine is always looking for new baby related retail businesses to market their magazine. Simply contact American Baby and they will ship you a box of magazines every month at no cost to you (even shipping is included!). 1-800-368-7899
5. 'Back To Sleep' campaign items - Help prevent SIDS by promoting the Back to Sleep campaign which suggests placing babies on their backs to sleep. This organization is very near and dear to my heart after experiencing a near death experience with our newborn son a few years ago. Thanks to early intervention and CPR, our 4 day old baby's life was saved and I feel that it's important to promote newborn sleep safety. You can often get FREE stickers, door hangers and more to give to your customers.
For more information on the Back to Sleep campaign:
Phone: 1-800-505-CRIB (2742)
Mail: 31 Center Drive, Building 31, Room 2A32, Bethesda, MD 20892
E-mail: NICHDInformationResourceCenter@mail.nih.gov (Use subject line: BACK TO SLEEP ORDER)
7. Items from local businesses - It's great to network with local businesses and help to promote each other. If you have your brochures in local businesses, it's nice to offer to place their marketing materials in your bags: coupons, discounts, catalogs, free items etc. Contact local businesses as well as local independant sales reps for such items as Mary Kay (what new mom wouldn't love a Mary Kay sample!). It's especially nice if they include some sort of 'gift' with their marketing materials. Even simple things like lollypops, coupons, magnets, chip clips, samples etc.. so that the customer is excited to recieve the freebies and doesn't feel like they are being given a bag of ads.
8. Scour the internet for freebies - Just like with American Baby and the Back to Sleep campaign, many business love to give out free samples to promote their businesses. A goody bag full of great items is a great way to make your business memorable. Depending on the item, you can also include a sticker on the freebies that say "Compliments of your business name"